Thursday, September 16, 2010

My "Countryside" Morning!

The bus picked up the boys for school this morning and I sat down with my coffee and Countryside stamp set (page 115) and enjoyed the sound of the rain and soothing thunder. I love LOVE stamping with friends, but, don't forget to pull out your ink and paper and enjoy those quiet moments to create and breathe deep. This morning reminded me once again, why I love stamping. Peace and creative satisfaction.
A friend asked me for some samples of masculine cards. This is what I came up with. I think I will love this set as a favorite for a long time.
The colors I used are: Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzaz, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake.


I am so glad I went in on my own Ribbon Share! I have every color available to me now! I want to go in on the 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (page 191). At first, I thought, it seems like such a small ribbon. But, I have seen so many cute samples with it and it has become a Must Have! Let me know if you want a share! Click here to see info about the Ribbon Shares.


These are 3" x 3" cards. Sometimes they are the PERFECT size for gifts! The apple is colored with Riding Hood Red and Cherry Cobbler markers using the Aqua Painter (page 195) on Watercolor paper. (Artist's tip: Always remember to leave some white for highlight!)


Notice this is the 3rd time I used the new Decorative Label Punch from the Holiday mini catalog, page 25? I am finding it is a perfect size and a perfect embellishment.


I know I posted this one before, but I could not leave it out of the Samples for this set. It is a favorite for sure! The clouds are done with a punched scallop circle, randomly placed as a mask and I sponged ink around it.



Some of the coloring was done by painting with my ink. I just squeezed the pad lid before opening it. It then placed color on the lid. Using my Aqua Painter, I picked up the color and painted. Be sure you have stamped your image with Stazon on Watercolor paper. If you are using regular cardstock, you could use this method with a Blender Pen instead of the Aqua painter. Just be sure not to "scrub" your image. Just lightly, "lay" the color down.
Micky Seerveld
Stampin' Up!, Walworth, WI

3 comments:

  1. very nice!
    i'm a follower now from SC, my blog is stampcravings.blogspot.com
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiration for me to pull that set out and make some cards!

    ReplyDelete