Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Make a Big Shot Stencil
This is a fast and simple card that is fun to make with the "Lovely as a Tree" set. I needed an oval stencil, so I used my Oval Die with the Big Shot.

I ran the Oval Die through the Big Shot and then simply used tape to replace the ovals I did not want open.



I now had my oval stencil to sponge my card front.

When I applied ink to the background trees stamp, I stamped it first on scrap paper, before stamping on my card. This way, the ink was lighter. This technique is called "Stamping off".
Then, I stamped the background trees on my card with the stencil in place.

After stamping the background trees, I removed the stencil and stamped the large tree.



Micky Seerveld
Stampin' Up!, Walworth, WI

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! What a pretty card! I'm now following your blog courtesy of Stampin' Connection & would love for you to stop by my blog & become a follower of mine...Thanks! www.lovesrubberstamps.com
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, I did one with the sponged oval, didn't think of our own oval(I bought one)TFS
    http://kath-allthatscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete